Starting a business involves a series of legal steps that vary from state to state. If you're planning to register your company in North Carolina, you may need a state tax ID number. This process can be completed through the state's online business registration system. Obtaining your NC state tax ID number is free, but there are a couple of things you must do before applying.
What Are Tax ID Numbers?
Apply for a NC State Tax ID Number
Are There Any Other Requirements?
- IRS: Online EIN: Frequently Asked Questions
- North Carolina Department of Revenue: Online Business Registration
- North Carolina Department of Revenue: Who Should Register for Sales and Use Tax?
- IRS Tax ID (EIN) Number Application: Sole Proprietor Application
- Greenville NC: Taxes for Your Business
- Zoom Filings: Apply for a North Carolina Tax ID (EIN) Number
Andra Picincu is a digital marketing consultant with over 10 years of experience. She works closely with small businesses and large organizations alike to help them grow and increase brand awareness. She holds a BA in Marketing and International Business and a BA in Psychology. Over the past decade, she has turned her passion for marketing and writing into a successful business with an international audience. Current and former clients include The HOTH, Bisnode Sverige, Nutracelle, CLICK - The Coffee Lover's Protein Drink, InstaCuppa, Marketgoo, GoHarvey, Internet Brands, and more. In her daily life, Ms. Picincu provides digital marketing consulting and copywriting services. Her goal is to help businesses understand and reach their target audience in new, creative ways.