Grants for Group Homes for Developmentally Disabled Clients

by Crissa Nelson ; Updated September 26, 2017

Grants are available from a variety of sources to fund programs that benefit people with disabilities, including group homes. To receive funding, you must find a grant with criteria that your group home will meet. Then you must apply for it by filling out a grant application.

Federal Grants

The U.S. government awards more than $500 billion each year from more than 1,000 grant programs within 26 federal agencies. To search for federal grants and register and apply for funding, go to the website Grants.gov.

State Grants

Each state government offers grants for programs within the state. Search your state government's website for details.

Video of the Day

Brought to you by Techwalla
Brought to you by Techwalla

Nongovernment Grants

Many individuals and foundations provide grants for services for the developmentally disabled. You can search for grants by category at the website Fundsnet Services Online. Other information is available at the website Non-Profit Guides.


About the Author

Since 2008, Crissa Nelson has been writing for two international anti-human-trafficking organizations, writing advocacy material to raise awareness of modern-day slavery. She worked as editor-in-chief of "The Clause" newspaper in Azusa, Calif., from 2006-2008 and graduated from Azusa Pacific University with a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and political science.

Photo Credits

  • NA/Photos.com/Getty Images
Cite this Article A tool to create a citation to reference this article Cite this Article