If you move your Florida business, don't keep it a secret. Most businesses have to take out a license or "tax receipt" with their local government, usually with the tax collector's office. If your business address changes, contact the office that issues the license to update your information. You can do this in person, in phone or in many areas online.

The State's Role

On top of a local business license, Florida corporations also have to file articles of incorporation with the state. To incorporate, you give the state the address of your principal place of business, your mailing address and the registered agent handling legal issues for you. If you change any of those, you have to submit an amendment to the Florida Division of Corporations. You can send it in by mail, in person or over the Internet.