A 1099 form or 1099-MISC is a document used to file income of over $600 for non-employee services. An example of non employee services is someone who does freelance work for others, such as web and graphic designers. This type of work is also known as independent contracting. The form is available from the IRS and can be printed out at home to be filled out.

Go to the Internal Revenue Service website (IRS.gov). Click on "Forms and Publications." Click on the link for 1099-MISC form.

Right click on the form and select print.

Select your home printer from the list of printers that appears by clicking on it.

Click print at the bottom of the window to send the document to your printer.


You can also order scannable tax forms from the IRS online or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676.)