Clean the homes of busy clients in Las Vegas by starting a house-cleaning business. Cleaning tasks typically include vacuuming, dusting, wiping down countertops and appliances, cleaning bathrooms and washing windows and blinds. List regular and specialty cleaning services in your brochure so clients can choose the types of services they want. Maintain a small group of employees or clean houses yourself. Start your business today by applying for a business license and business insurance.

Apply for a business license by contacting the Clark County Clerk's Office (see Resources). Complete the necessary licensing forms and pay all filing fees to receive a license. Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Use this number to file state and federal taxes or to use on other business documents. Register your house-cleaning business with the Nevada Secretary of State's office if forming a limited liability company (LLC), corporation or partnership.

Purchase business insurance from an insurance provider licensed in Nevada. Business insurance such as general liability, property, product, auto and worker's compensation help protect business assets in the event of a lawsuit or settlement. Business insurance may also cover the replacement of cleaning equipment and supplies if damaged or stolen.

Purchase cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, mops, cleaning cloths, cleaning chemicals, rubber gloves, scrub brushes, uniforms and buckets from janitorial supply stores or online. Purchase or lease a vehicle large enough to transport equipment and employees.

Market your house-cleaning business by handing out fliers, brochures or by creating a website. Include contact information, list of cleaning services and rates. Join the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce (see Resources) to attend networking functions and to list business services in the chamber of commerce small business directory.


Offer a free house-cleaning consultation to new clients to determine their house-cleaning needs.


You will need a Janitorial Supplies/Chemicals business license to sell cleaning chemicals to clients or to other businesses.