If you've been thinking about selling something at a local festival or event in Florida, you'll need to get a vendor's license. Whether you want to sell hot dogs, t-shirts, or something else, a vendor's license is required by the State of Florida. This is required for a new business and an already established business.

An Application for Temporary Event Vendor License must be completed (See References). Apply for a Temporary Event Vendor License for each of the booths you want at the event. If you are going to have two booths or units, then you’ll need to complete two applications and pay two fees.

Choose the length of time that you need a Temporary Event Vendor License. A license is available for as little as one day on up to a year. The fees start at $95 for a one- to three- day license, $105 for a four- to 30-day license, and $1,000 for an annual license.

Have the appropriate documentation ready. A Social Security number is required to get a Temporary Event Vendor License. If you are associated with an already established restaurant that currently has a public food service license with Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), you’ll need that license number. If you’re a business or corporate applicant, you’ll need a Federal Employers Identification Number (FEIN).

Get your Temporary Event Vendor License. To get a Temporary Event Vendor License (one to 30 days), present a completed vendor’s application (the one downloaded in Step 1), appropriate documentation and applicable fees to the inspector on-site at the event.

To get an Temporary Event Vendor License (annual), contact the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395 and request an “opening” inspection. All documentation, application, and fees should be readied. An inspector will contact you within five days to schedule an inspection.

Check with your local officials regarding any city and county requirements for a new business. The State of Florida is separate of local requirements and only handles licensing on the state level.

Things You Will Need
  • Social Security number

  • Applicable fees

  • Application for Temporary Event Vendor License


Food vendors will need to meet additional sanitation and safety standards provided by law.