The U.S. federal government offers a wide variety of work opportunities to businesses in the form of contracts.

Registering with the Federal Government

In order to conduct business with the federal government as a federal contractor, businesses must register with the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) website. This website collects information on each business and provides a central location for government organizations to seek contractors to provide goods and services.

DUNS Number

Before businesses can register with CCR, they must obtain a Dun and Bradstreet number (DUNS). CCR does not issue identification numbers and will use the DUNS number to identify contractors. This number must be used when submitting proposals for government contract opportunities. If a CCR number is requested by any contracting entity, the DUNS number should be used.

Registering for Federal Grants

Organizations applying for federal grants must register with CCR. The same procedures are used for grant applicants as for businesses seeking contracts.