For anyone receiving unemployment benefits, it is important to report a change of address. This is especially true if you receive a paper check, instead of direct deposit. It only takes a few minutes to update your address. Failure to do so can result in lost or missing benefits.

Visit your local unemployment office or workforce commission. Advise the staff that you would like to change the address for your unemployment benefits, and an agent will assist you. Proof of identity may or may not be required, depending upon the office location.

Telephone the benefits line. Select the option to speak with a live claims representative. Give the representative your name, social security number and new address.

Change your address online, through your state's unemployment website. Because not all states offer a Web portal for address updates, you may want to contact your local unemployment office to see whether or not this is an option.