signing check image by jovica antoski from <a href='http://www.fotolia.com'>Fotolia.com</a>
Employees receive a payroll check for their completed work during pay periods ranging from weekly to biweekly and bimonthly. If you receive a paper paycheck, keep in mind that you can't just cash it anywhere. It's important to be aware of where you can deposit or cash your paycheck. And remember to always sign your check before presenting it.
What is a Payroll Check?
Do the Check Cashing Places Cash Personal Checks?
Do Banks Have to Check Signatures on Checks?
What Is the Punishment for Forging a Check?
- Business Laws: Beware of Forged Signature on Checks
- Bankrate: What Happens When You Write a Check
- LawFirms: Check Fraud
- Consumer Financial Protection Agency. "How Quickly Can I Get Money After I Deposit a Check Into My Checking Account? What Is a Deposit Hold?" Accessed March 30, 2020.
- HelpWithMyBank.gov. "Answers About Funds Availability." Accessed March 30, 2020.
- HG.org. "Consequences of Writing a Bad Check." Accessed March 30, 2020.
- Bank of America. "Financial Center FAQs." Accessed March 30, 2020.
- HelpWIthMyBank.gov. "Answers About Overdraft/NSF Fees and Protection." Accessed March 30, 2020.
- Kmart. "Check Cashing." Accessed March 30, 2020.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Can a Bank or Credit Union Cash a Post-Dated Check Before the Date on the Check?" Accessed March 30, 2020.
Heather Burdo has been personally involved in business for six years. Her passion is to help small business owners and entrepreneurs through engaging and insightful content.