Real Estate Title Closer Training

A real estate title closer helps real estate agents close and process title deeds for sale and transfer between buyers and sellers. Employers usually prefer accredited degrees from community colleges or technical schools. However, many closers start in other sectors of the real estate field, then supplement their on-the-job experience with classes in law and certification programs from community colleges and vocational schools.

Minimum Requirement

An essential ingredient for a career as a real estate closer is a high school diploma or equivalent. This opens the door to higher level classes and allows you to gain the experience necessary to eventually obtain a job in this field.

Secondary Training

Most employers want potential employees to have an associate's degree focused on the field of real estate or law. Many community colleges and vocational colleges, as well as accredited, distance-learning-focused institutions such as University of Phoenix, offer classes and programs targeted toward this goal, such as balancing escrows, filling out legal closing documents, lending and loan payoff calculations, escrow accounts and more. These and other schools also offer online classes, making it easier for students to work and learn at the same time.

Further Education

Many real estate closers eventually decide to pursue a job in real estate law. In that case, you would need a bachelor's degree in order to be accepted into advanced degree law programs.

Work Experience

When taking vocational or associate degree classes in real estate, many students apply for internships at real estate firms. Real-world experience is key in this industry, because it shows competency in the workplace and is an invaluable learning tool for the student who wants to gain experience.

Continuing Education

Real estate closing is constantly changing, with new laws and policies. Usually, closers must take continuing education classes every two years or so. Such classes are offered at vocational schools, and most real estate firms have a listing of required classes for continuing education. Also, a state's real estate licensing department typically will list the requirements for licensing and continuing education.