How to Get a New OSHA 30 Card If You Lost One

ShotShare/iStock/Getty Images

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues a student completion card to participants who complete a ten or 30-hour OSHA Outreach Training course. Replacement cards are available through the course trainer. Records are maintained for five years plus the current year only. Replacement cards are not issued to students who participated in the training course prior to this time frame.

Contact your course trainer. Provide her with your full name, training date, and course type. Your trainer receives extra cards for every course to use as replacement cards. If the trainer no longer has these cards, he will submit a replacement card request to the OSHA training office. Replacement cost varies by region.

Wait an average of two to four weeks after your trainer has submitted verified documentation to the OSHA training office. The replacement card will be sent to the trainer.


Inform your trainer immediately of any changes in your contact information. Follow up with your trainer after four weeks.


Review your replacement card for accuracy. Inform your trainer of any errors.



  • The OSHA Outreach Program contact number is 847-759-7735. Keep records of all correspondence relating to your replacement card request.


About the Author

Mary Vaughan began her writing career in 1985. Her work has been published in "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine, "L.A. Parent Magazine" and "Seattle's Child" magazine. Vaughan's long-running "The Mother Side of Town" column focused on the everyday challenges of parenting and money management. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in psychology-speech and hearing science from the University of Missouri.

Photo Credits

  • ShotShare/iStock/Getty Images